www.astromuhurat.com, is a premium site with a distinction that is Multipurpose, Bilingual, Comprehensive and Unique which has the articles & material related to Inspiration, Spirituality, Astrology, Motivation, Religion, Entertainment, Remedial measures, Life style, Knowledge & much more.
According to Hinduism Lord Shivais one of the Tridevs (three Gods) in Hiduism. (The Tridevas are Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva). Lord Shiva is a vedic and primeval deity so is the case with Ling Puja (Wroshipping the Shiva Ling. 'Ling' means a mark or a sign or a symbol. Thus Shiva Ling is a Symbol of Lord Shiva which is considered very holy by the Hindus. The shiva Ling has been worshiping since ancient times.
Jyotirling means a ling of divine light. There are twelve Jyotirlings which are the important and holy places of pilgrimage. In the Shiva Puran, we find the names, location and the importance of these twelve Jyotirlingas. Their names and locations are as follows-
(1) Somnath- Somnath temple is situated at Prabhas patan in Sourashtra in Gujrat.
(2) Mallikaarjun - Mallikaarjun temple is situated at the bank of Krishna river on Srisaila mountain.
(3) Mahaa kaaleshwar - It is situated at the bank of Shipra river at Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh.
(4) Omkaareshawar - It is situated on an island in the Narmada river in Madhya Pradesh.
(5) Kedaarnaath - Kedarnath is situated in Uttarakhand.
(6) Bheemashankar - The location of Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga is disputed. It is daid that Bhimashankar Jyotirling is situated at the bank of Bheema river near Pune in Maharastra.
According to a story in Shiva Puran, Bheema Shakar Jyotirling is situated on a hill named Brahmpur near Guwahati (Aasaam).
Some others believe that there is a large Shiva temple at the place named Ujjanak in Nainital district in Uttrakhand, here is the Bhimashankar Jyotirling.
(7) Kashi Vishvanaath - It is in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. This temple is considered as the most holy shrine by the Hindus.
(8) Tryambakeshwar- It is situated at the bank of Godavari river near Brah Giri in Nasik district in Maharashtra.
(9) Vaidhynaath - It is situated at Deoghar in Jharkhand.
(10) Nageshwar - The location of Nageshwar Jyotirling is also disputed.
(A) - It is situated near Gomati Dwarka in Gujrat.
(B) - Others believe that it is situated near Almora, Uttarakhand.
(11) Rameshwaram - It is situated in Tamilnadu.
(12) Ghushmeshwar -It is situated in Aurangabad district in Maharashtra. It is also known as Grishmeshwar.