Diwali / Deepawali ( Muhurat ) Laxmi Pujan Muhurat
Laxmi Puja(Pujan) Time / Muhurat
Kartik Krishna Paksh Amavasya,Pradosh kaal,fixed Lagna and auspicious Chaughadiyas are taken for Laxmi Puja.
The time of Pradosh kaal,Lagna,Chaughadiyas is different from place to place
Note- For Lakshmi Puja Samagri click here
The festival of Deerawali / Diwali :-
Deepawali means the row of lights. So this festival is called the festival of light. It is a five day festival as Dhan Teras, Narak Chaturdashi, Diwali and Lakshmi Poojan, Govardhan Puja and Annakoot, and Bhai Dooj. Each of these five days, there are specific rituals and customs. People follow them with joy, belief and enthusiasm.
Diwali is celebrated on the Amawashya of krishna Paksh in the month of Kartik. Some days before Deepawali people clean, whitewash and decorate their houses. On this day they wear new clothes and ornaments. In the Shubh Muhurat Lakshmi Puja is done. Earthen lamps and candles are lit and crackers are burst. Other important things and events related to this day of Diwali are :-
(1) People believe that on the night of Diwali Lakshmi, the godddess of wealth and prosperity visits every house. So to welcome her they light earthen lamps.
(2) On this day Ram returned to Ayodhya from fourteen years of exile after defeating the demon king Ravan of Lanka. To welcome him to Ayodhya, the people lighted the rows of earthen lamps.
(3) Goddess Lakshmi emerged from Kshir Sagar.
(4) Mahrishi Dayanand , the founder of Arya Samaj , left this world for his heavenly abode.
(5) Lord Mahavir, the founder of Jainism, attained Nirvan on this day.
Related Posts :-
(13.4.1) Lakshmi Puja Samcgri / Lakshmi Poojan ltems
(1) Dhan Teras
(2) Narak Chaturdashi / Roop chaturdashi
(3) Govardhan Pooja and Anna koot
(4) Bhai Dooj
(5) Precautions while bursting crackers / How to celebrate a safe Diwali
(6) Diwali greetings , good wishes and Diwali SMS
(14.5.2) Ashta Lakshmi / Eight forms of Lakshmi