www.astromuhurat.com, is a premium site with a distinction that is Multipurpose, Bilingual, Comprehensive and Unique which has the articles & material related to Inspiration, Spirituality, Astrology, Motivation, Religion, Entertainment, Remedial measures, Life style, Knowledge & much more.
There are several rites and rituals which are observed during the Hindu marriage ceremony. Saat Phere and Saptpadi are also included in them.
Saat Phere -
The rite of phere begins with Laazaa Homa ( Yagya Ahuti ) For laaza homa, the leaves of khejari tree, the leaves of Palash tree, the khele of rice, all soaked in Ghee , are divided into four parts. Then the bride's sister stands beside his sister and touches these things to the bride's hand. Then on behalf of his sister, he gives three Aahutees ( puts these things into the holy fire three times).
While giving these three Aahutees the bride and the bride groom go around the holy fire. The bride goes ahead of the bride groom.
After it, the fourth Aahutee is given. At this time the bride groom goes ahead of the bride and they both move around the holy fire.
This Laazaa homa is the symbol of good luck. The purpose of this homa is to make a prayer and have a wish for the long life of the bride groom.
Sapt Padi -
After the Laazaa Homa ritual, the bride groom makes the toe of the bride's right foot touch one of the seven circles made of rice and Gulaal - one by one and every time says the following things--
1. The bride groom says," O, dear, I ask you to put your first step to make you the mistress of food grains etc. in my house."
2. The bride groom says, "O, dear, I ask you to put your second step so that you may become strong and powerful."
3. The bride groom says, "O, dear, I ask you to put your third step, so that you may earn fame and wealth in life."
4. the bride groom says, "O, dear, I ask you to put your fourth step so that you may have pleasures and facilities in life.
5. The bride groom says, "O, dear, I ask you to put your fifth step for the growth of wealth in the form of cows."
6. The bride groom says, "O, dear, I ask you to put your sixth step so that you may enjoy health and happiness during all the six seasons."
7. The bride groom says, "O, dear, I ask you to put your seventh step so that you may enjoy all the seven pleasures of the world and always remain devoted to your husband like Jaanki."
After this ritual the bride and the bride groom take their seats.