Nadi Dosh , What is Nadi dosh , How Nadi dosh is formedThe birth charts of the boy and a girl are matched before their marriage takes place to know whether these charts have all the characteristics of a successful marriage or not . This match making of the birth charts is called Ashtakoot Milan or Gun matching or Kundli Milan or Kundli matching .While Kundli matching the following 8 factors are considered and checked .These factors are :- Varn ,Vashya , Tara , Yoni ,Grah Maitri , Gan , Bhakoot and Nadi . Each factor is assigned one to eight points . The total number of points is 36 . Out of 36 points minimum 18 points are required for matching the Kundali or birth charts .In the marital match making Nadi Koot is regarded the most important factor. Out of 36 points, 8 points are given to Nadi.
How and when is Nadi Dosh formed :-
According to Vedic astrology , there are three different Nadis. They are Aadi or Adhya ( start), Madhya (middle ) and Antya ( end .)
Nadi dosh is formed when both the boy and the girl have the same Nadi.
( Note - marriage is recommended if the boy and the girl have different Nadis i.e. the boy and the girl should be born in different Nadi).
The result of the Nadi Dosh :-
(A) If both the Var and Kanya ( the boy and the girl) have Aadhya Nadi , it may have bad effect on the husband.
(B) If both the boy and the girl have Madhya Nadi , it may have bad effect on both husband and wife .
(C) If the boy and the girl have the Antya Nadi , it may have bad effect on wife.
(D) If Nadi dodh is persent , it may cause health problems to the husband and the wife and to their children. Remedial measures can help remove all these troubles.
Parihaar or exception to Nadi dosh -
(Reference- Jyotish Tatv Prakash and Sugam Jyotish Praveshika.)
As it has been mentioned above that for a happy married life ,the marriage partners should be born in different Nadis . But there are a few exceptions when the marriage can take place even if the boy and the girl have the same Nadis i. e. if Nadi dosh is present there. Here under are given the exceptions -
1. If the birth sign of the boy and the girl is the same but Janm Nakshatra ( the birth constellations) are different , it is the exception to Nadi dosh.
2. If the Janm Nakshatra of the boy and the girl is the same but their birth signs are different , it is the exception to the Nadi dosh.
3. If Janm Nakshatra and the Janm Rashis of the boy and the girl are the same but the Nakshatra charan or the pad is different , it is the exception to Nadi dosh.
Remedial measures for Nadi dosh -
If the Nadi dosh exists and one wants to marry the same person , to avoid the ill and negative effects of Nadi dosh , the following measures can be adopted :-
1. Mahamrityunjay Mantra jap should be done in a proper way.
2. Some grains , clothes , a cow with its calf , etc. should be given in charity to some eligible Brahman.
Other Related Posts :-
(1) Mangal Dosh / Kuj Dosh
(2) Sadhe Sati of Shani
(3) Dhaiya of Shani
(4) Kumbh Vivah / Ghat Vivah
(5) Vishnu Vivah
(6.2.19) Gan Dosh
(6.2.12) Nadi Dosh