Ram Navami Vrat / Ram Navami Festival 2016When is Ram Navami :-
In the year 2016 Ram Navami is on Friday, 15 April, 2016.
Auspicious time for Vrat pujan -
Labh + Amrit Chaughadiya - From 07:41 to 11:06
Abhijit Muhurat - From 12:12 to 13:03
Important things about Rama Navami :-
1. Ram Navami falls on the Chaitra shukla Navami. It is Celebrated as the birth anniversary of Lord Ram who is believed to be the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu.Ram was the eldest son of Dasharath, the king of Ayodhya.
2. Ram's life was full of ideals. He had no malice against any person.He was gentle and never used any harsh words.He was an ideal son,ideal brother,ideal husband and ideal king.
3. Ram Navami is the day when we can remember Ram's ideals and try to adopt them in our lives.
4.This day is to remember that Ram Naam has the great power to burn the ignorance, passion and sin of the devotee.In this context,Lord Shiva tells Parvati,
"Raam Raameti Rame Raame Manorame.
Sahastranaam tattulyam Raam Naam Varaanane."
Meaning :- Lord Shiva says to Parvati, "O,Varanane(O dear, with beautiful face) I chant the holy name of Ram, Ram, Ram constantly which is enjoyable and pleasing to the mind. The holy name of Ram is equal to one thousand holy names (of Lord Vishnu).
5. His incarnation on this earth was to kill Ravan, the king of Lanka and the symbol of evil ,and to establish righteousness and to protect His devotees.
6. On this day the temples of Ram are decorated and the images of Ram, Sita and Laxman are beautifully adorned.
7. The devotees read the Ramcharitmanas or other stories related to Lord Ram.
8. People Observe fast on this day.The vrati (the person who keeps fast)who observe this fast with devotion, he /she is sure to get the blessings of Lord Ram and his wishes are fulfilled by the grace of Lord Ram .
Related Posts :-
(5.2.13) Janaki Navami / Sita Navami
(14) Useful Mantra, Stotras, Prayers and articles