When is Chaturmaas -
' Chatur ' means four and ' maas ' means month. Thus Chaturmaas is a period of four months.
This period of four months begins from Ashaad Shukla Eka dashi (Which is also known as Dev Shayani Eka Dashi ) and ends on Kartik Shukla Eka Dashi (Which is also known as also Dev Uthani Eka Dashi Prabodhini Ekadashi )
Important things about Chaturmaas ( What to do during Chaturmaas ) -
1. Chaturmaas is a period for penance, fast, reading and listening to the holy scriptures.
2. During the Chaturmaas, Lord Vishnu should be worshiped and offered Dhoop, Deep, Pushpa, Naivedhye etc.
3. People offer Tulsi leaves to Lord Vishnu and give bath to the idol of Vishnu and take the Charanamrit.
4. The devotees should go to the Vishnu temple daily and chant the mantra/stotra dedicated to Lord Vishnu or recite the Gayatri mantra for at least 108 times.
5. Give Arghya to the sun god and do havan with Til or Food grains. When the Chaturmaas ends the donation of Til and food grains clothes etc. Should be given.
6. Auspicious activities are usually not performed particularly marriages are not performed.
Related Posts -