Hariyali Teej is also known as Jhula Teej, Madhushravaa Teej and Chhoti Teej.
When is Hariyali Teej/ Chhoti Teej
In the year 2016 Hariyali Teej/ Chhoti Teej is on Friday, 05 August, 2016.
Important Things about hariyali Teej/ Chhoti Teej:-
1. Tritiya (3rd) Tithi of Shukla Paksh in the month of Shrawan month is known as Hariyali Teej or Chhoti Teej or Jhula Teej or Madhushrava Teej.
2. This Hariyali Teej is dedicated to goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva. It is celebrated in the memory of the reunion of goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva.
3. This festival of Teej and Vrat has a great importance for the women, newly married and unmarried girls.
4. This festival is celebrated in Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh etc.
5. Women worship goddess Parvati / Gauri for longevity of their husbands and their happy married life.
6. Sinjara which contains sweets, clothes, bangles, bindi, mehndi etc is sent to daughters to their in-laws houses by the mothers.
7. It is also a custom (Particularly in Rajasthan) that a newly married girls should not stay at her in-laws house during the first Saawan or Shrawan Maas after their marriage. So they come to their fathers' houses. The mother in-laws of these girls send Sinjara to them while they stay at their fathers' houses.
8. Women keep fast on this day.
9. Women, married and unmarried girls wear new clothes and ornaments. They enjoy swings which are hung from trees.
10. Women, married and unmarried girls observe fast and pray to goddess Parvati for happy married life.