Hariyali Amavasya in 2017 / What is the inportance of Hariyali Amavasya ?When is Hariyali Amavasya in 2017
In the year 2017 Hariyali Amavasya is on Sunday,23.07.2017.
Important things about Hariyali Amavasya -
(1) Amavasya has a religious value for the Hindu community. People perform Puja and observe fast on this day.
(2) According to the Hindu calendar , the Amavasya of the month of Shravan is known as Hariyali Amavasya.
(3) Hariyali Amavasya is celebrated as a festival of rainy season. People go outside the town or city and enjoy the beauty of nature.
(4) On Hariyali Amavasya people get up early in the morning , have a bath, do Puja to appease their forefathers, prepare delicious meal and offer it to the Brahmins with the belief that it pleases their ancestors.
(5) On this day people worship Lord Shiva and pray to Him for good rain and good agricultural product.
(6) At some places fairs are held on this day.
(7) It is also believed that on this day offering food to the needy people appeases to the ancestors.
(8) On Hariyaali Amavasya Shiva Pooja is considered very fruitful.People worship Lord Shiva for wealth and prosperity and pray to Him for good rain as most of crops of this season depend on rain water for irrigation.
(9) Some people plant saplings on this day.
(10) If Saturday falls on this Amavasya , it is known as Shani Amavasya which is considered the best Tithi to worship and please Shani Dev.
(11) If Monday falls on this Amavasya, itis known as Somwati Amavasya which is considered a good Tithi to please forefathers.
Other Posta -
(10.3.36) Shani Amavasya
(10.3.35) Somwati Amavasya
(6.4.5) Bhaumavati Amavasya
(10.3.37) Hariyali Amavasya
(10.3.22) Maghi Amavasya
(10.3.54) Kushotpatani Amavasya
(10.5.7) Amavasya dates in the current year