(1) The festival of Karva Chauth is very popular and celebrated in the north and the west parts of India.
(2) 'Karva' is an earthen pot which is an essential thing for puja and 'Chauth' is the Chaturthi tithi in the Hindu calander. So this festival is known as Karva Chauth.
(3) Karva Chauth is also known as Karak Chaturthi.
(4) The married women observe fast on this day for safety, longevity and prosperity of their husbands.
(5) In the evening women wear beautiful clothes and ornaments and apply Mehandi.
(5) They gather at the place of Puja.They worship lord Shiva, goddess Parvati, Kartikey and Ganesh and Chandrama (the moon).
(6) Legends or stories related to Karva Chauth are told and heard. Usually an elder women tells these stories.
(7) The women pray for good health and long life of their husbands.
(8) After Pooja when the moon rises, the Vrati women have the Darshan of the moon through a sieve and offer Arghya to it.
(9) After it they break the Vrat.
'astromuhurat.com wishes you a very happy Karva Chauth !'
Other Posts you will like to read -
(10.3.1) Karva Chauth - the festival of Suhaag and Soubhaagya.
(10.3.1/2) Karva Chauth - Legends or stories .
(10.3.1/3) Karva Chauth - Puja Samagri / Puja items