Puja Samagri / Puja material / Puja items for Karva Chauth PujanKarva Chauth festival / Vrat has a great importance for the Hindu women in north part of India. On this day the women observe fast and pray for well being and long life of their husbands. For Puja they use Puja items. The items for Puja differ from place to place and area to area. Here under is the list of the Puja Samagri which is commonly used while doing Puja -
1. Pictures of Lord Shiva, goddess Parvati, Kartikeya and god Ganesh.
2. A Karavaa or Karva (a pot made of clay) which is an essential item for Puja.
3. A book of stories related to Karva Chauth.(Usually stories are told by some woman, and not read out so to have this book is optional)
4. A Pooja Thali to put all the Puja material.
5. A sieve ( through which the woman have the Darshan of the moon when it rises)
6. A bowl full of sugar which is placed on the Karva.
7. A piece of cloth for blouse which is placed on the bowl full of sugar.
8. A few coins.
Other Posts you will like to read -
(10.3.1) Karva Chauth - the festival of Suhaag and Soubhaagya.
(10.3.1/2) Karva Chauth - Legends or stories .