Ahoi Ashtami Vrat - A Vrat for well being and long life of sonsWhen is Ahoi Ashtami in 2016
In the year 2016 Ahoi Ashtami is on Saturday, 22.10.2016.
Important things about Ahoi Ashtami -
1. Kartik Krishna Ashtami is known as Ahoi Ashtami.
2. Ahoi Ashtami Puja and Vrat is very popular in North India.
3. Ahoi Ashtami Vrat is observed by the Hindu women for the well being and long life of their sons.
4. For Ahoi Mata Puja a picture is drawn on the wall or a ready made painted picture is placed on a Paataa made of wood. A Lotha full of water is also placed near the Paataa.This Lotha is worshiped just like that of a Kalash. Then Ahoi Mata is worshiped with Roli, Chanwal, Doodh and Bhaat. After it stories related to Ahoi Mata are told and heard. After Puja the Vrati women touch the feet of their mother in laws and give Arghya to the moon and then they break their fast.
5. It is believed that by doing Puja of Ahoi Mata and observing Vrat, Ahoi Mata is pleased with the women and give their children long life.
"May Ahoi Mata bless you and your children !"