Baneshwar Fair 2018 (A popular tribal fair in Rajasthan)When is Baneshwar Fair held -
Baneshwar Fair is held on Purnima in the month of Magh.But the programs related to the fair start from Magh Shukla Ekadshi .
In the year 2018 Baneshwar fair is from 27.01.2018 to 31.01.2018
Where is Baneshwar Fair held - Baneshwar fair is held at the village Navatapara of Ashpur Tehsil in Dungarpur district in Rajasthan.
Important things about Baneshwar Fair -
(1) The other names for this fair are - 'the Kumbh of the tribes' or 'the Kumbh of Bagad' or the Pushkar of Bagad area'.
(2) Baneshwar fair is a popular tribal fair of tribes like Bhil or other tribes.
(3) Most of the people who come here to attend the fair are from Dungarpur, Banswara and Udaipur districts. Some people belonging to Bhil tribes of Gujrat and Madhyapradesh also come here to attend this fair.
(4) This fair is dedicated to Shiva temple located at the place where the rivers Mahi and Som meet.
(5) It is believed that here the Shiva Ling is self born.
(6) Besides Shiva temple, here is also a Vishnu temple.