For the muhurat for boring/digging well or pond, the following things or factors are considered -
1. Tithis -
Shukla Paksh - Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Shashti, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, Dwadashi, Triyodashi.
Krishna Paksh - Pratipada, Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Shashti, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, Dwadashi.
2. Vaar ( Day ) -Monday, Thesday, Thursday, Friday.
3. Nakshatra - Rohini, Mrigshira, Pushya, Mangha, Hast, Anuratha, Puravaashadha, Revati.
4. Moon - The moon should be in water signs. The water signs are Kark, Makar and Meen, The half water signs - Vrishabh, Dhanu and Kumbh.
5. Chandra shuddhi or chandra bal -
The chandra bal or chandra shuddhi is also essential for this muhurat . The moon should not be in the fourth, eights or twelfth sign from the birth sign or name sign of the person. to know what is Chandra Shuddhi click here :-
Prohibited Period -
1. Bhoomi Shayan or Bhoo Shayan
The Bhoomi Shayan period should be avoided. Bhoomi is supposed to be sleeping on the constellation of the day 5/7/9/12/19/26 from the Surya Nakshatra ( i.e. the constellation in which the sun is situated )
In these Nakshatra too, the bhoomi is supposed to be sleeping only for 7 ghatis ( a ghati is equal to 15 minutes )/8 ghatis, five ghatis/three ghatis/six ghatis/seven hatis respectively and during the remaining period the earth is not supposed to be sleeping.
2. Shukra and Guru Ast
During the period when Guru and Shukra Ast, the digging well should be avoided.
3. Uttarayan - The period of six months of uttarayan is considered auspicious for digging well.