Vrat on MondayThe fast on Somvar or Monday is dedicated to moon. Moon is the symbol of coolness and peace. This vrat removes the mental disturbance and unrest and brings mental peace.
When to start Somvar Vrat -
Monday vrat can be started from the first Monday in the Shukla Paksh of any month. It is better to start it in the month of Chaitra, Vaisakh, Shravan, Kartik or Margshirsh. Usually this vrat is observed for five years.
The process of Vrat - The person who observes Somvar vrat should get up early in the morning. After having a both he/she should sit on piece of woolen cloth. And then closing the eyes he/she should meditate on Lord Shiva for a few minutes.The Mantra ' Om Namah Shivay ' should be chanted for at least 108 times. Then chant the chaudra mantra ' ॐ श्रां श्रीं श्रौं सः चन्द्रमसे नमः। ' ( Om Shraam Shreem Shrom Sah Chandramase Namah ) for 108 times. Read or listen to the katha auributed to this vrat. The vrati should eat food once a day.
The benefits of observing Somvar vrat -
The following are the benefits of observing Somvaar vrat -
1. The vrat on Monday removes the malefic effects of the planet moon.
2. This vrat appeases Lord Shiva.
3. Somvar vrat helps in getting the wishes fulfilled.
4. The women observe Somvar vrat for their happy married life.
5. Lord Shiva and Parvati bless the person who observes the vrat on Monday.
6. This vrat removes mental disturbance and brings mental peace.