When is Bhaumavati Amavasya /Religious importance of Bhaumvati AmavasyaWhich Tithi is known as Bhaumvati Amavasya -
Amavasya is one of Tithis in the Hindu lunar month. The Amavasya that falls on Tuesday is known as Bhaumavati Amavasya.
When is Bhaumvati Amavasya in - 2017 - 2018
28.03.2017 - Chitra Krishna Paksh
17.09.2017- Aashvin Krishna Paksh
16.01.2018 - Magh Krishna Paksh
Click to know Amavasya dates in the current year .
Amavasya Tithi and its lord
According to the Hindu calendar,there is one Amavasyas in a month. Thus there are twelve Amavasya in a year.Like each Tithi, Amavasya also has its own lord and that is Pitar Dev. So the Hindus perform rituals for their departed forefathers on Amavasya.
Important things about Bhaumvati Amavasya -
(1) As mentioned above Amavasya occurs every month but the Amavasya which falls on Tuesday is known as Bhomvati Amavasya.
(2) Bhaumvati Amavasya is considered very pious and important particularly for worshiping and appeasing the departed ancestors.
(3) The Hindus have a bath in the holy rivers on this day with the belief that it (taking bath) makes them free from sins and griefs.
(4) People feed Brahmins to please the souls of their ancestors. They also perform Tarpan and Shraddhkarm rituals.
(5) Giving donation on Bhaumvati Amavasya is considered auspicious as it appeases the ancestors of the person who donates.
(6) It is also believed that observing fast on this day frees the people from their Pitar Dosh.
Other Posts you will like to read -
(10.3.22) Maghi Amavasya