Nakshtras (Constellations) and their classification and the activities to be done during themAccording to the nature of the Nakshtras, they are divided into seven categories. One should keep in mind the nature of the activity to be done and the nature of the Nakshtra for better results. For example if one wants to buy a new vehicle one should choose Char - Chal or movable Nakshtra.The seven categories of the Nakshatras are as follows -
(1) Dhruva Sthir Nakshtra (fixed Nakshtra) (2) Char-Chal Nakshtra (Movable ) (3)Ugra - Kroor Nakshtra ( Aggressive) (4) Mishra- Sadharan Nakshtra (Mixed) (5) Kshipra laghu Nakshtra (Short) (6) Mridu Nakshtra ( Gentle ) (7) Tikshna Darun Nakshtra (Ferocious and bitter)
(1) Dhruva Sthir Nakshtra ( Fixed Nakshtras) -
Under this category come the following Nakshtras - Uttara Falguni, Uttara Ashadha, Uttara Bhadrapad and Rohini.
What is to be done in Dhruv Sthir Nakshtra -
These Nakshtras are considered good for the activities of fixed nature, like foundation laying, sowing seeds, gardening, singing, making and wearing ornaments and clothes, making friendship, taking oath, joining duties etc.
(2) Char - Chal Nakshtra ( Movable Nakshtras -
Swati, Punarvasu,Shravan, Dhanishtha and Shatabhisha are known as movable nakshtras.
What is to be done in movable Nakshtras -
These Nakshtras are considered good for movable or changeable activities. Driving a vehicle, riding a horse, starting journey, selling and buying should be done during movable nakshtras.
(3) Ugra- Kroor Nakshtras ( Aggressive Nakshtras) -
Poorva Falguni, Poorva Ashdha, Poorva Bhadrapad, Bharani and Magha are known as aggressive Nakshtras.
What is to be done in Ugra - Kroor Nakshtras -
The aggressive activities like wicked activities, killing, cheating, smuggling, fire, theft, poisoning, weapons and arms related activities should be done.
(4) Mishra Sadharan Nakshtra ( (Mixed Nakshtras) -
Vishakha and Kritika nakshtras come under this category.
What is to be done in Mishra - Sadharan Nakshtras -
Auspicious activities, business, industries and the activities which can be done during Ugra Nakshtras can also be done during these nakshtras.
(5) Kshipra laghu Nakshtra (Short Nakshtras)
Hast, Ashvini and Pushya nakshtras come under this category.
What is to be done during Kshipra laghu Nakshtras -
These Nakshtras are suitable for activities like selling things, music, scriptures, journey, medicinal activities, starting shop, starting education and all the activities of char- chal nakshtras.
(6) Mridu - Maitra Nakshtras ( Gentle or Friendly Nakshtras) -
Mrigashira, Revati, Chitra and Anurada nakshtras come under this category.
What activities are to be done during Mridu - Maitra Nakshtras -
These Nakshtras are suitable for the activities like- singing, learning music, playing musical instruments, making and wearing garments, making and wearing ornaments, making friendship and such other auspicious activities.
(7) Tikshna-Darun Nakshtras (Ferocious or bitter Nakshtras) -Mool, Jyeshtha, Aadra and Ashlesha nakstras come under this category.
What activities are to be done during Tikshna - darun Nakshtras -
These Nakshtras are suitable for the activities like- aggressive work or deeds, wicked acts, activities to harm others, violence and all the activities which can be done during ugra - kroor nakshtras.
(6.2.30) Nakshatra/ What is Nakshatra