Gujrati Panchang / Gujarati New Year / Gujarati Vikram SamwatIn India different types of panchang or calendars prevail. Gujarti panchag is also one of them.
The important things about gujarati panchang are as follows -
1. Gujarati Panchang begins from Kartik Shukla Partipda and ends on Kartik Krishna Amavashya. Kartik Shukla Purnima is also known as self proven Muhurat or Swyam Siddha muhurat.
2. Gujarati Vikram Samwat is about 57 years ahead of Christian calendar.
3. In Gujarati calendar there are 12 months. They are -
Kartik, Margsirsh, Poush, Magh, Phalgun, Chaitra, Vaisakh, Jeth, Aashadh, Shravan, Bhadrapad and Aashvin.
4. Each month has two Paksh ( a period of 15 days ) namely - Sud paksh and vad paksh.
5. Names of the Tithis in Gujarati Panchang - Ekam, Bees, Trij, Chouth, Pacham, Chhath, Satam, Atham, Nom, Dasam, Agiyaras, Baras, Teras, Chaudas, Amas and Poonam.
6. Names of the days - in Gujarati Panchang - There are seven days in a week - Ravivaar, Somvaar, Mangalvaar, Budhvaar, Guruvaar, Shukarvaar, Shanivaar.